Frequently Asked Questions

knowledge at your fingertips


Your consultant will tell you how to register the hours you have worked. This should be done electronically. If you use an online time registration system, your consultant will send you instructions by e-mail. If you use manual timesheets, your consultant will provide you with blank timesheets. Depending on the client’s wishes, you must file your timesheets every week or every month. Payment will be made on a monthly basis. Please note: the timesheets must be signed off by your supervisor. We will not process timesheets that have not been signed off. Please send the signed-off timesheets to and your consultant.

You can find your payment terms in the online portal. Once you are logged in you will find these terms at the top right. As soon as we receive your timesheet, your term of payment will start.If and when the paydate falls on a Saturday or Sunday, payment will be made on the Friday before the weekend.As soon as we have generated your payslip and it has been uploaded to your portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that also states when to expect payment. If you prefer earlier payment, we have a pre-financing option. Ask your accountmanager for more information.


You can find this information in the personnel handbook. Please send an e-mail on your first day of sickness, before 10:00 am, to and to your contacts and/or manager at the end client. Please stay in touch with us during your sickness. After a few days the ARBO [working conditions service] will contact you to inquire how you are doing. Please e-mail us at on the first day that you return to work after your sickness.

You should ALWAYS consult with Yellowstone before leaving. The occupational physician will advise on whether it is wise for you to travel or not. You cannot leave without the physician’s advice and without consulting Yellowstone.

If we believe that you should see the occupational physician, we will inform the working conditions service and they will schedule an appointment with you. You could always go and see the physician at your own initiative, but only after you discuss it with us first.

You should always list your sick days on your time sheet. Please do this in consultation with the end client as there are different time registration systems of which Yellowstone has no knowledge and to which Yellowstone has no access.

Waiting days are the first or first two days of your sickness. During these days you don’t get paid. Waiting days start as soon as you call in sick with Yellowstone. This means that if you call in sick late, waiting days will also start late.

Account Managers / Contracts

You can download your payslips, contracts, payment terms,personnel handbook etcetera from our online portal. Via you can access all these data. Your username is your employee number (last 6 digits of your contract, starting with 00).
When you log in, you have to fill in your employee number and then click on ‘Register account’. The system will ask you to re-enter your employee number, plus the digits of your zip code. Click ‘Register account’ again and the following message will appear: ”An email has been sent to (your e-mail address) with a generated password.
When you log in again, you can change the password by clicking the Change Password button at the top right of your screen.

The rate of payment is not a gross rate but a disposable income/ all-inclusive rate. This covers all costs, including employer’s costs such as social security contributions, pension, your reservations and general support services.
It is common practice that when you get offered a “regular” contract with an employer, you negotiate a standard gross salary. On top of this gross salary, the employer is required to pay additional employers’ costs, like social security contributions. An example: If you agree on a salary of EUR 3000 gross, the employer must pay an additional EUR 1000 in social security contributions / insurance / pension contributions, et cetera. This means that if you earn EUR 3000 gross, you cost the employer EUR 4000.
But once again, the rate we pay you is an all-inclusive rate.This means that in addition to the ‘normal’ employee costs, the rate includes the mandatory employer costs. It is like you are working as a self-employed individual, paying your own costs. Every month you will receive an open calculation and specification of all the costs involved (summary statement). Because you will be paid by the hour, your payslip will differ per month, depending on the number of hours you have worked.

See also attached PDF: Loonstrook (explanation).

We make every effort to process signed-off hours but payslips will always be available in our online portal before payment. We will notify you by e-mail as soon as the payslip is available in the portal.

You will find the amountyou have to pay for general support services in your contract/personnel handbook/introduction e-mail under the header: kostenpersoneelsgids / General support services YI.

On an annual basis you are entitled to 25 days (if working fulltime). At the bottom of your monthlypayslip you will find the most recent gross value of the days’ leave accrued. You will find the equivalent in hours in your monthly salary.

As a rule, we pay your holiday pay (in the amount of 8%) on a monthly basis. You will therefore not receive a separate payout in May or June.

You will receive your annual statement at the beginning of March.
An example: The annual statement for 2019 will be available at the beginning of March 2020. It will be available in your online portal in the file: Jaaropgaven.

  • Younger than 30 years in possession of a master; € 41641.43 gross per year
  • Under 30 years of age without a master’s degree and above 30 with or without a master’s degree; € 54781.43 gross per year

Highly Skilled Migrants

The IND tries to decide within 2 weeks. If they honour your application, they will inform the embassy in your home country. Thereyou can pick up your residence card that will allow you to travel to the Netherlands. This means you will have to wait in your home country for the decision on your application.

The permit will be valid for the duration of your employment contract.

Yes, Yellowstone can arrange the applications for residence permits and extensions for your family. Family means your partner and your children.

You should bring an authenticated marriage certificate and, if you bring your children, authenticated birth certificates , valid passports and a completed application form to the embassy in your home country. Once you are in the Netherlands, you must present the authenticated marriage and birth certificates when you register as a resident in your municipality.

Yellowstone can help you find housing. We can also schedule appointments for you at the municipality where you can register as a resident and apply for a BSN-number, with the GGD [Municipal Health Service] for a tuberculosis test, with the IND [Immigration and Naturalisation Service] to apply for your residence permit and with the bank to open an account. Yellowstone will also help you apply for compulsory health insurance coverage, and a 30%-facility ruling, if applicable. These are just examples and not an exhaustive list. Just ask Yellowstone if you have specific wishes.

If your project is extended, we will renew your employment contract and apply for extension with the IND. It is important to file this application before your current permit expires.

National Payroll Processing

We will have to delete your account and create a new one, possibly using another e-mail address.

Have your supervisor send us an e-mail to ask us to correct the remaining leave.

We will apply for a withholding tax number. All you have to do is wait for instructions from the Tax Administration (possibly through us).

Copies of the employment contract, of a valid ID (NOT a driving licence), and of a bank card, a fully completed and signed ‘Model form for the statement of payroll tax information’, valid e-mail address, 30%-facility ruling (if applicable).